AirDNA’s latest Market Review revealed five Airbnb trends:
- Weekday bookings are more popular than ever.
Demand for Tuesday night stays grew 5% from 2019 to 2021; Wednesdays came in a close second, followed by Mondays and Thursdays.
- Guests are interested in large spaces.
Only 27.3% of all rentals booked in 2021 had one room, while 24.4% of bookings were for two-room rentals, and a whopping 38.8% of bookings included three bedrooms or more.
- Luxury properties are experiencing occupancy growth.
Luxury properties have been experiencing higher occupancy rates each year since 2018, with a significant spike in 2021.
- Long-term stays are on the rise.
Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, 28-plus-day stays accounted for between 14% and 17% of gross nights booked. As of Q1 2022, they were still accounting for 21%.
- ADRs are increasing for all property types
Guests are paying more for their STRs than they were in 2019. ADRs are on the rise across all price tiers, with rates increasing approximately 30% across the board in April 2022 compared to the same time in 2019.